Why is SEO important for your website?
What is SEO and why do I need it for my website? I have asked myself many times that same question. Read this article to completion I will explain to you why it is important to have SEO and why you need it for your website to work within the search engines.
Since 2010 technology has come a long way with keyword searching tools, analytic tracking and a lot of other programs designed to keep track of your site progress and to help you get ranking within Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
The easiest thing to remember that helped me is to take one day at a time when first starting out. Set goals for each day and follow them.
Take it slow day by day and before you know it you will know all you need to know about SEO and the internal working to a successful website.
10 Key Elements you will need to learn about SEO
- How search engine operates – Search Engines are automated software that tracks content on websites (known as robots or spiders). When someone does a search for information online it will use the keyword to match it with the most relevant information.
- How people interact with search engines – People use search engines every day to look for information online every day many times. Take a moment and think about how many times you use google to look up something online. On any given day google has 3.5 billion searches and that is not counting Bing or Yahoo and many other search engines.
- Basics of search engine designs – Basically search engines are designed to read your website in HTML. So it is important if you want the SE’s to read your site make sure it is all in the HTML file format. This will include images, give them an alt. text descriptions gif, jpg, or png format so they will be read properly and indexed.
- Why search engines are important for your business – SEO brings traffic to your site from the search query’s performed. Keep in mind that SEO work best for the website’s with relevant content for the search term being used. The better the content more traffic and credibility your site will gain within the search engines.
- Searching for the right keywords to use – To find the right keyword, decide what it is you want to search or what you want potential visitors to your website to search and use the most relevant words or phrase. For example, if you want to find information on cooking utensils, you will type something like ” the best cooking utensils for BBQ” into the search engine and you will see the results. It comes as a natural instinct to search for a thing online, when searching for keywords for your website business there are many tools you can use for free or for a small fee that will show search result and a lot of other data for the keyword.
- How your content affects your rankings – Writing good quality content focused on the keyword will most likely help with ranking and posting content frequently at least 2 or 3 times a week or more is ideal. Keep the focus of the content on the topic of the keyword being used for the post or page. Let me make a point that you do not need to have your keyword plastered all through your content, chances are it will hurt your rankings more than help them.
- Creating a following for your website – Content, if you write content that people are searching for that is helpful to them for solving a problem or helping them find answers they are searching for you are on the right track. Now add a couple of other tools to keep your reader’s connected. Allow your visitors to sign up for a free newsletter so when you submit a new post or page they will receive an email to invite them to read your new material. Have you noticed one thing all the key elements of SEO have in common? The answer, writing quality content. Content is KING. As you venture forward with learning and training to build a business online the most important of all Key Elements is the CONTENT of your writing.
- Free tools within the search engines to utilize – There are many tools online to utilize on a daily and weekly basis to help with the performance, tracking and research for keywords. Some of the tools I use are Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, and Bing Webmaster Tools these three tools have many tools and ways of submitting sitemaps, indexing your site’s content and tracking the traffic to your site and how they navigate your site. For free keyword research, I use Wordstream, Jaxxy and Wealthy Affiliates keyword tool. You will eventually discovery tool you will prefer to use but I am sharing some well-known tool that is widely used by many people.
- Search Engine Myths – Most of the myths and misconceptions about search engines are the actions that they have had to take to try to eliminate Spam. Spam is always going to be there and the search engines will always try to figure out a way to stop it. A lot of folks complained about Google’s Panda update, that was actually a sophisticated algorithm to help defeat spam and harmful website of a lessor value content. So be assured the updates made to search engines are to better enhance the user experience.
- How to track your success – within Google and Bing’s Webmaster Tools you can track your SEO. The tracking tools show detailed information on search terms use to direct traffic to your site, the search engine used, what pages are getting the most traffic, how much time visitors spend on each page and on your site. This is just some of the information you can track on your website. It is a helpful resource for using to make an adjustment to your site if you are not happy with the amount of traffic you are getting.
These are 10 things you want to learn as you progress with your website and online business growth.
From all of my training and experience, if you really want to have a successful online business it is crucial for your success to write quality content. As I mentioned earlier Content is King. If you have quality content that will lead to traffic which in turn leads to a successful online business.
Well, I hope you have enjoyed the information shared with you today.
Have any questions, please feel free to contact me in the comment area below.
Have a great day,